Automatic Collection of Information
To provide seamless service, we collect some information automatically. It includes information related to Geo Location(IP address), Usage Information(pages, searches, and bookings), and Log and Device Information(access dates and times, hardware and software information, crash data, cookie data), and Payment Transaction information.
Collection of Personal Information
To access our services properly, you will need to provide us with some personal information. This information can include your first name, last name, email address, phone number, residential/postal address, date of birth, profile photo, government-issued ID(for verification purposes where needed), bank account. Apart from this, additional information may also be required to access certain features and services. This additional information can include preferred languages, gender, the information provided for forms and surveys, and information shared with customer care members. We may also collect information from third-party services like Google or Facebook, background checks for people with a criminal record, referrals from other people for our website, and demographics and other pertinent data to avoid fraudulent activities.
Usage and Processing of Collected Information
To make our website and services transparent, trustworthy, and safe, we ensure that you know how we process your data. We use and process the collected information to:
- Allow you to access the full spectrum of services, features, and pages at Boookers.com.
- Let you communicate easily with other members,
- Send you relevant information like security alerts, updates, and account information,
- Let you make/receive payments, and to improve payment services,
- Facilitate planning trips and protecting you from frauds, crimes, spam, abuse, and other safety incidents,
- Improve user experience and improve our services based on your feedback,
- Conduct routine security checks for the safety of your private information,
- Keep in line with the law and legal obligations,
- Administer agreements with third parties,
- Conduct background checks for protection against criminal or malicious activity,
- Send you promotions, offers, advertisements, and other relevant marketing info,
- Improve our marketing and advertising services,
- Oversee all promotional events on Boookers.com, such as referral programs, surveys, rewards, sweepstakes, contests, etc.
Management of Information
This section addresses whenever you might need to change, update, or delete your information with Boookers.com. You can access, update, or delete certain personal information we have. Access account settings to do that. You can also change or unlink any third-party services like Google or Facebook through account settings. It is upon you to keep your information updated at all times. If you want to delete your information completely, you can do that by permanently deleting your account.
Disclosure of Information
To ensure the smooth processing of all our features and services, we share and disclose your personal information to third parties with your consent. We do not share information with any third party that is not affiliated with us. As per our agreement, the third parties we share your information with are not allowed to disclose it to any other entity but to only use it on our behalf to the extent of providing unhindered services. Moreover, we might also disclose personal information to deal with legal issues such as a subpoena or other legal processes. And to protect our company's rights, your rights and safety, or to respond to a request by government or other law-enforcing authorities.
Retention of Information
As per this privacy statement and the purposes stated therein, we will retain your personal information according to the applicable laws. If a longer retention period is required and permitted by the law, we will keep your information with us until the purpose is achieved. Moreover, we may retain your personal information for reasons such as legal and tax-related obligations, audit obligations, contract obligations, regulatory investigations, trend analysis, litigation holds, and statutes of limitations.
Rights and Choice of Users
As a user, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, which you are free to exercise at any point in time with us. These rights include:
- The right to unsubscribe from promotional or marketing emails from Boookers.com by clicking the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the email,
- Changing or updating your personal information when needed by accessing settings,
- Changing your communication preferences with us using account settings,
- Withdrawing consent for processing and sharing your personal information at any time by contacting us,
- Denying the collection of cookies when asked by an on-screen prompt or by contacting us,
- Deleting your account and your personal information with us when you see fit(the deleting of your personal information is subject to our retention policy).